Enjoy Free Shipping on Select Items!
Free standard shipping on select items. For orders in the continental US only.
Offer will automatically be applied at checkout. Limited time only.
Flute Owners Manual
Cecilio flutes are precision made instruments and are tested at our factory. Prior to shipping each instrument is inspected and adjusted by skilled technicians at our Los Angeles distribution center. However, because flutes are fragile instruments they can get out of adjustment in the shipping process: Keys can get bent, screws can come loose, or springs can become mis-aligned. If this occurs you may need to get your new instrument adjusted by a local technician.
You must assemble, clean, and tune your new flute prior to playing. Flutes are delicate instruments and can be damaged easily. Handle with care. If you have a flute instructor we recommend you see him or her to assist you with assembling, cleaning and tuning your instrument for the first time.
If cannot wait, follow the steps below:
- Connect the foot joint to the main body with a gentle twisting motion.
- Aligned the post on foot joint with the middle of the D/F# key.
- Note – Hold the main body at the top just above the first post where there are no keys with your left hand. Hold the foot joint lightly with the keys to your palm in a closed position
- Attach the neck to the main body with the same gentle twisting motion.
- Align the lip plate with the C# key on the main body.
If you are experiencing any difficulties connecting the foot joint and the neck joint to the main body, a small application of cork grease (provided) can help ease the connection.
- Pitch is affected by temperature, so warm up the instrument before playing by blowing air through it.
- You can use a chromatic tuner or piano
- The tuning pitch for the flute is C
- Play a C on the piano or find it on your tuner
- To tune, pull headjoint slightly away from the body. The length you pull the headjoint out depends on individual preference and method of playing.
For your convenience a cleaning cloth is included with your Cecilio flute. We recommend that you use these products and the products contained in the Cecilio Flute Care Kit (Model C-FPCK) to maintain the condition of your trumpet.
It is important to disassemble and thoroughly clean the instrument after playing, and especially prior to placing it in its case for storage between playing sessions. We recommend that you follow the routine below to ensure that the instrument is kept in peak condition by using the products contained in the Clarinet Care Kit (Model C-FPCK)
In addition to the steps described below we recommend that you take you instrument to a skilled technician at least once a year to be serviced.
Cleaning the interior
- After playing always insert your cleaning swab into your instrument to remove moisture.
- After playing clean the inside of the head joint and foot with a coil swab by pushing one end of swab into the head joint and turn back and forth to remove particles and moisture.
Cleaning the Pads
- Dry the pads by inserting cleaning pad paper between it and the tone hole. Lightly press the key down and carefully pulling the paper away
Cleaning the exterior
- After each use, rub the outside of your instrument with a polishing cloth to remove particles
- Use a key brush once a week to remove dust or lint that accumulates around post and springs and under key rods.
- Use a pipe cleaner on hard to reach areas.
- Use a small amount of cork grease on joints to help ease assembly of your flute. Wipe off excess.
Other helpful hints
- Avoid fluids that contain sugar prior to playing. If drinking or eating prior to playing rinse out
- Always use care when removing your flute from its case. Never grab instrument by its keys.
- Always disassemble instrument when not in use.
- Always store your flute in its case when not in use to prevent damage
Cecilio Musical Instruments Warranty Information
The terms and conditions listed here will govern all warranty claims for Cecilio Musical Instruments products.
These terms and conditions cover all instruments manufactured and distributed by Cecilio Musical Instruments. There is no additional warranty, express or implied.
Cecilio Musical Instruments warrants its instruments to be free of defect in material and construction for 1-year from the date of purchase. Warranty excludes accessories and cases. Please see below for limitations and restrictions to this warranty. Cecilio Musical Instruments will, at its option, repair or replace any item found to have been defective in materials or manufacture under the terms stated here. Cecilio Musical Instruments shall be the sole arbiter of eligibility for warranty repair or replacement. Cecilio Musical Instruments liability is limited to repair or replacement of defective items.
To be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser of the item must present the defective item, together with the original receipt of purchase, to the dealer from which it was purchased. The dealer will then make arrangements with Cecilio Musical Instruments for repair or replacement of the defective item.
Cecilio Musical Instruments reserves the right to make changes to this warranty. The policies in place at the time of purchase will be honored.
- 1-year warranty applies only to original purchaser of instrument
- Warranty does not cover strings, reeds, cases or other free accessories
- Damage caused by neglect or misuse of instrument is not covered
- Delicate instruments are affected by climatic conditions. Exposure to excessive heat, cold, dryness, or moisture is considered neglect
- Instrument adjustment is not covered by this warranty
- Normal wear caused by normal use of items is not covered by this warranty
- Natural products, such as wood, cannot be guaranteed against cracking, seam separation, warping of fingerboard or chipping
Pursue your musical dreams by selecting one of our handmade instruments today!